Monday, February 20, 2006

Swearing

Have just read on BBC News that the corportaion have got into trouble over swearing by performers, notably Our Glorious Leader, during the Live8 performances.

The performers were very passionate about the concerts and viewers should have expected emotional, rousing and hot-blooded language. Did people expect the stars to be nice and mumsy!?!?

What a load of crap. Five hundred people complained! Have these people got nothing better to do? I think someone should ring them up and swear at them extensively.

Our Glorious Leader wouldn't be Our Glorious leader without a few expletives. I love it when she says, "Fucking cunt!" You go girl!

1 comment:

Dan said...

The thing that pisses me off about this sort of thing - who the hell are they trying to protect by putting on all these laws against swearing? I mean, seriously...

When I take my son to school in the morning, we cut through the junior schoo playground. Bear in mind this is 8-11 year old kids. If we get through without hearing the kids swearing, or, more amusingly, discussing the latest 18-rated movie, or quoting Little Britain or whatever, I am surprised if they are talking about Pokemon..

Granted, yes, I live in a slightly dodgy area of Essex, but I know it's a similar story across the country.

So - who are they trying to protect by banning this swearing? Walk through Basildon Town Centre, and you'll hear new words before long!