Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Shinkansen

Ok, I'm already breaking my promise. More photographs from Japan. Blame Alan. He egged me on.

This is fat Minge stood by the Rail Star, my favourite Shinkansen (bullet train) from
the outside, but not the inside. The Rail Star is a bit older than the other Shinkansen you see next to it, which has a fabulous interior. Sorry, I can't remember the name of it. It must have been something fabulous though.

The next photograph is of a couple of mochi, some green tea and another Japanese beverage which I took on the Shinkansen with the nice interior. Look, you can also see Joanna Lumley (I was reading her autobiography) and my Japanese Rail Pass!

Mochi are delicious. I really miss them. Sweet rice balls with a sweet filling. A bit like rice pudding on the go! I recently bought some from an oriental supermarket here in Edinburgh. You have to cook them - they're not the same. :(

Oh, how I love putting those white blobs into my mouth.


9 comments:

Alan Fisher said...

There's that fucking scary hat again. Wis it ever oaf yer heid, wummin?

And no. I'm not drunk. Getting ready for work (that internet place I mentioned)

Keep the pics coming - I think they're really good (for once I'm being serious)

Alan Fisher said...

And that train is amazing! Very futuristic.

Minge said...

Ok - but remember to keep stalking Minge.

Alan Fisher said...

I'm outside your window right now. Get that bloody hat off and stop playing with your i-pod. At least, I think that's what your fumbling around with in there.

Hang on, I need to move in closer for a better shufty.

Minge said...

I've left the blinds open for you. Want a cuppa or have you brought a flask?

Alan Fisher said...

I've got a hip flask. I just like to come and go.

Minge said...

I'm saying nothing.

Alan Fisher said...

can I borrow that Joanna Lumley book please? Is it any good?

Minge said...

Of course you can borrow it. It's a bit spooky, though. It is very good. It reads like you're having a chat with her, or listening in to a private conversation. Brilliant.

I say you can borrow it. I'll have to find it, first! It might still be in a box somewhere.