Tuesday, February 14, 2006

An eye for a dream

What a pretentious title for a post.

Sorry about that.

Today, I'm apologetic Minge.

So, I tried imagining I was Nina, on a gold toilet... It didn't work. My mind was frantic that night. I was due to go for a consultation for laser eye surgery the next day and I was worried I'd be blinded. My worrying and Nina/toilet fantasy had no impact on my dream at all. I know there's nothing worse than listening to people telling you about their dreams, so look away now if you don't want to be bored.

I have two dogs, Border Collies, Meg and Mary. In my dream, Meg had died (and I wasn't the least bit upset!) and left all her money to Mary. She told me that she, as a dog, couldn't spend the money, so offered to take me on a cruise.

Mary looked wonderful in her large hat as we boarded the ship, a scene not dissimilar from the one in Titanic where Kate Winslet boards the ocean liner. We stayed out on deck and the ship soon left the docks. Within ten seconds, I could see our first destination: a small desert island with palm trees. It looked vaguely caribbean. What does it mean?

I have no idea.

Anyway, the next day, I went in to Glasgow for my laser eye surgery consultation. Once in the city, having had a bite for lunch, I called their office to check on their exact location, only to find my appointment had been cancelled due to lack of staff! They called this morning to offer me another appointment on Friday. I accepted, but I might not turn up, just to piss them off as much as they pissed me off.

I'm very worried about it in any case. I mean, I could be blinded!

After the eye people debacle, I went into an artists' supply shop and bought a canvas, paint and some paper. I plan on doing something for my living room. I just can't wait for it to be decorated. It's vile just now and quite depressing.

My dream of a cruise clearly had nothing do do with the previous days antics, but conversely, last night, my dream had everything to do with the events of the day. I was in an artist's studio and painting something very similar to Munch's Scream, although the paints used were only shades of green. I plan on having one wall of the living room papered with a green palm-frond-like design, the other walls with a white/pearl-like design and green carpet. Haven't decided on the curtains or light fittings yet.

No comments: