Saturday, February 18, 2006

Love Is A Catastrophe

Love is a catastrophe
Look what it’s done to me
Brought me down here so low
stranded, nowhere to go

No concentration
just rerunning conversation
Trying to understand
how I fell into this quicksand

What happens next?
With life I’m unimpressed
Pain like a cutter’s knife
Never been lonelier in my life

Who issued the instruction
for this mad act of destruction?
An end to equilibrium
Fate laughs:
Look what we’ve done to him!

High wind through the trees
Falling November leaves
A weak sun hanging low
Summer seems so long ago

All my former dreams
tender romantic schemes
revealed as so naive
To think I could believe

In love as the kindest law
not as a declaration of war
on my life and sanity
Now I know at last for me
love is a catastrophe

Tennant/Lowe

6 comments:

Alan Fisher said...

you're strange

Alan Fisher said...

x x x

CanaGal said...

PSB rock

Minge said...

People are strange, when you're a stranger
Faces look ugly when you're alone
People seem wicked, when you're unwanted
Streets are uneven, when you're down

When you're strange- faces come out of the rain (rain, rain)
When you're strange- no one remembers your name
When you're strange, when you're strange, when you're str-ange

Minge said...

PSB do rock! And they kick ass!

CanaGal said...

as do Echo & the Bunnymen