Monday, February 27, 2006

Nippon

We've decided to go back to Japan in early September.

I'd really like to go to Okinawa and once again to Tokyo, where we'll hopefully stay with our pals Alan and Junya. The trouble is, deciding where else to go is a minefield! Other than Tokyo, I don't really want to go back to the same places.

In 2004, we went to Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Beppu and Matsuyama. If anyone reading this can suggest other places for a great visit, please leave a comment!

I've been perusing the JNTO website - but there's so much, I can't see the wood for the trees!

4 comments:

Dan said...

I thought Okinawa was teeming with American Airmen/women and was a bit of a grotty place? Or am I taking the word of two tourists too much to heart? heh

Minge said...

I'm sure this is true - but I understand that Okinawa is a great base for exploring the other islands. I hope it's true.

Alan Fisher said...

try this:

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/worldguide/destinations/asia/japan

Alan Fisher said...

On the same beer-soaked latitude as Munich and Milwaukee, Sapporo lays undisputed claim to the title of Japan's brewing Mecca. Beer-makers Sapporo, Asahi, Kirin and a host of local microbreweries have all set up shop here, helping to make this energetic city even more spirited and rambunctious.



The kick of Sapporo, though, comes from much more than its most famous export. This friendly, cosmopolitan city welcomes visitors with a flourishing restaurant scene, as well as myriad outdoorsy opportunities in the rugged Hokkaido landscape outside of town.