Thursday, February 09, 2006

Mr Burns

I've just been watching Richard & Judy on Channel 4. I must be well within their target audience as I seem to watch no other channel. Anyway, they had Pete Burns on the sofa. Not literally, of course, this is daytime TV.

I adore Pete Burns, I really do, but watching Rich and Jude interview him made me cringe. And I can't really put my finger on why.

They seemed to treat him like an over-sensitive celebrity, darling. Which he isn't. He also seemed to be ignoring the questions, just saying things he wasnted to get across and overtly displaying his love for Micha
el in the form of hugs, hugs and more hugs.

Something's wrong and I can't work it out.

Richard and Judy can be a bit patronising sometimes. I still don't know if that was it. This certainly wasn't their best interview nor Pete's best performance. I'm quite disappointed.

I hope the hype of Celebrity Big Brother soon dies down and Pete can create is own, which is completely justified. There's a lot to hype. He's fabulous, he tells it like it is, and Christ, can he knock out a tune.

7 comments:

Alan Fisher said...

his new video is fab

Minge said...

I didn't see it. What's the song? The one for You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)?

Alan Fisher said...

yes, but it's been updated - you are SO going to love this video, try looking for it online

Alan Fisher said...

http://www.hotget.com/videocode/Dead_Or_Alive-You_Spin_Me_Round_Like_A_Reco--2333.html

Dan said...

Daytime TV = Pants
Evening TV = Pants

In fact, TV is pretty crap in general.

ESPECIALLY "Reality" TV. And to think that the hype surrounding that Chantelle girl is still in full swing here, being that I live in Essex, about 10 miles from where she lives.

They've even named a road after her... Seriously...

Minge said...

A road? Oh, perhaps they've called it "Cheap Whore Way"? Did you see Balderdash and Piffle a couple of weeks ago? Germaine Greer was talking about Cunt. Apparently, there was a road in London called Grope Cunt Lane. LOL! Also, this road's name was repeated all over the country and denoted a street where prostitutes hung out. Perhaps Chantelle should buy a pad in the city there!?

Dan said...

"Cheap Whore Way" would pretty much cover most of Essex ;)

There is a reason Essex has the reputation it has, and it's not something blown out of proportion.

And don't get me started on the number of Chavs here... Ugh.