Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The Hildert files

The above photograph was the first image to come up when I did an image search on my name on Google.

Ten of the best movies I've ever seen:
1. Brokeback Mountain
2. Serial Mom
3. Female Trouble
4. Mame
5. Pink Flamingos
6. Polyester
7. Desperate Living
8. Now, Voyager
9. The Others
10. The Crying Game

The ten best Pet Shop Boys songs:
1. Being boring
2. What have I done to deserve this?
3. How I learned to hate rock 'n' roll
4. Hit and miss
5. It always comes as a surprise
6. Betrayed
7. Delusions of grandeur
8. Flamboyant
9. For your own good
10. Was that what it was?

The ten worst Pet Shop Boys songs:
1. Sexy northerner
2. Disco potential
3. I get along
4. Birthday boy
5. Email
6. Liberation (e-smoove 12" mix)
7. Time on my hands
8. One and one make five
9. The theatre
10. West end girls (dj hell mix)

The best albums of the past twelve months:
1. Madonna - Confessions On A Dance Floor
2. Sugababes - Taller In More Ways

The best discoveries of the past twelve months:
1. Emmylou Harris
2. Ensemble Opus Posth

Have read recently and should you too:
1. Sylvia Plath - The Bell Jar
2. Arthur Golden - Memoirs Of A Geisha

You really shouldn't bother:
1. Edmund White - The Married Man
2. Roger McGough - Blazing Fruit (very bad poetry)

My favourite beauty product:
Pout plump

All the guys I like(d) (not necessarily fancied) from reality TV shows:
Pete Burns
Stephan Booth
John Barrowman
Colin Jackson
Will Thorp
Darren Gough
Dennis Rodman
Shayne Ward
Kemal Shahin
Bruce Forsyth

The last famous person I met:
Dannii Minogue

Most recent embarrasing moment:
A shop assistant blatantly checking out my package in a clothes shop

When I die, I want to be buried in:
A forest in Scotland

All my pets in chronological order:
Rexy
Smudgy
Brandy
Whisky
Muffy
Smoky
Babsy
Baby
Billy
Meg
Mary
(strange - the only one with a name not ending in a Y is Meg, and I didn't name her)

Dishy anchormen from BBC news which I saw FIRST:
1. Huw Edwards
2. Peter Dobbie
3. Tim Wilcox

Last visited hairdresser, and when:
Yo-Yo in Kinson, about two years ago

Last bought useful household utensil, and when:
Citrus juicer about three weeks ago - the last one smashed

Horrendous dutch words:
kut
bastaard
wijfje

Funny Scots words:
glaikit
besom
bawbag

When I die, please play at my funeral - top 5:
1. Someday I'll find you - Shola Ama
2. Your Funny Uncle - Pet Shop Boys
3. What Makes A Man A Man? - Marc Almond
4. Sunset - Kate Bush
5. I Don't Want To Say Goodbye - Teddy Thompson

4 comments:

Voix said...

OK -- what is the different between "like" and "fancy"?

And what do those Scots words mean?

I'm dying to know.

Minge said...

If you fancy someone, you desire them sexually, as opposed to licking them. Oops! Licking! I've left that in so you can see my Freudian slip!

Glaikit - stupid, foolish or thoughtless. Usually used, thus, "She looks glaikit," meaning she looks gormless or idiotic.

Besom/Bism - hussy, loose woman, slut (NOT whore).

Bawbag - testicles, scrotum.

Brian Farrey said...

OK, what are your ten WORST movies?

Voix said...

Minge, you are my new source of interesting words. When are you coming to MN?

I haven't heard anyone say "hussy" in FOREVER. I love that word.