Sunday, February 12, 2006

Minge and no mushrooms

I've been having withdrawal symptoms (not the Catholic kind) and so feel obliged to post something. As it happens, I do have something to post!

My wee friend Rob of London came up to Edinburgh today for a sojourn printemps, so Phyllis and I went along to a bijoux little café on Broughton Street where all the best poofs hang out. It's so good, I've forgotten what it's called. Sala? Sola? Solo? Salo? Something like that.

Tim, Anthony and Charles were also there and it was great to see them. It's something like an AGM for us. We only see each other once a year, though, shamefully, it's only Robin who doesn't live in Edinburgh.

Sadly, on this occasion, I forgot to take my camera. Really, I'm no pap, am I!? A post without a photograph or picture is like a flower without petals, the Christ-child without a halo or George W Bush without some idiotic comment... So I'm uploading the photograph a nice waiter or waitress took of us last year.

l-r: Phyllis, Charles, Robin, Anthony, Tim, Minge.

We had a nice meal (though no mushrooms were served) and a good yack, then it was time to get on our broom-sticks and head for home.

I mentioned to Robin, in the car, that no-one seemed to change from a year ago, and it's true. I could have lied and said that I'd taken the above photograph this year and you'd have to believe me. The only difference is that last year I'd have been sucking (steady) my belly in and the photograph was taken in daylight. This year, we met under cover of darkness.

I'm so tired. I don't know where the day has gone... But I know I'll not sleep. My mind's still buzzing. I think a spot of telly, a bedtime fag and a wee walk with my daughters is in order before I go to bed and sleep, to dream, I hope, tonight, of something wonderful and fabulous.

I read a book about dreams a while back, interpretations and the like... The author claimed that one's destiny can be shaped by dreams, their positive and negative effects (on the dreamer) can be altered by encouraging and propagating healthy and progressive dreams. The prospective dreamer should concentrate his or her mind on something he or she finds enjoyable before going to bed or willing good things to happen. Tonight, as I lay me down to sleep I shall imagine I am Nina Simone (I've always wanted to sing and play the piano) and that I am sitting on a solid gold toilet (only the rich can afford to do this).

I'll be back with news on how I got on.

10 comments:

Dan said...

Hope your dreams "went" well ;)

And you could have said that photo was taken recently and we'd believe you, sure. Of course, those of us that read and don't know you or your chums from Adam, you could have said "That's Fred, then there's Fred, Fred, Fred" and we'd either have to believe you (and your quirky-coincidence of having friends all with the same name) or call BS and have you redo the post.

Minge said...

Actually, everything here is a huge fib. I am a lonely old woman who lives alone. I have no life, so I make it all up.

Dan said...

You forgot to admit you have an army of cats at your disposal like all other old ladies.

Like my mum and her 14 cats....

Alan Fisher said...

what's a pinao?

Dan said...

Pinao:

http://www.hawaiiweb.com/hawaii/html/sites/naha_and_pinao_stones.html

http://www.pcsoftland.com/games/puzzle/pinao.htm

http://library.thinkquest.org/J0110028/past/water/pinao/pinao.htm

I think I might have too much time on my hands...

Minge said...

I think you've too much time on your hands.

Dan said...

But, on the other hand, from your single typo, you've learnt three new things!

Boredom maybe, but I've enriched your knowledge :D

Minge said...

I have. You should be renamed - Educational Dan. I bet you can do wonders with a pencil.

Dan said...

I can write AND "draw" with it. Not to mention stick it up my nose. And in my ear :)

Minge said...

You should meet Alan. He's adept at putting pencils in himself. A bit like those girls in my old school, but other orifices.