Thursday, February 16, 2006

Margarita

I fancy a Margarita.

It's a very gay drink, especially for a man. It's not really a gay drink for a woman, is it. That would be a pint.

I just might have one... A Margarita, that is, not a pint. I've never drunk a pint in my entire life.

Oh, stop, I don't have any of the ingredients. Here's a vow. Next time I go out, I shall have a Margarita.

Some years ago, I was so close to saying, "My usual," at The Queens Hotel (yes, it was a gay bar) and receiving a Margarita. Those days are long gone, and I don't miss them, but they're a good memory. Still, a sip of a fabulous Margarita could be a good reminder. I'm hankering after the past today, but not sure why.

8 comments:

Dan said...

You know, I don't think I've EVER had a Margarita... Hmmmm... I'll drink "beer", but I actually enjoy cocktails :D

I have very vivid memories of my first REAL hangover aged 15, on holiday in Spain after a night of Blue Lagoons.

Minge said...

Blue Lagoons? What's in one of those?

I remember my brother's friend getting me drunk on whisky when I was sixteen. Christ, what a hangover. Even now, just the smell of whisky makes me feel sick.

Dan said...

BLUE LAGOON

Ingredients:
- 2 oz vodka
- 1/2 oz Blue Curacao
- 4 oz Lemonade
- Garnish: Cherry, Orange Slice
- Glassware: Highball Glass Mix all the ingredients in a mixing glass and strain into a highball glass.


Vodka still makes me very very sick :)

Minge said...

I may try that recipe out, Dan! Can't you swap the vodka for something else?

Alan Fisher said...

you've never had a Margarita?

You're SO straight! Lovely.

What do you mean by 2 oz Vodka, by the way? I just pour and keep on pouring.

Voix said...

Margaritas are my post-break up beverage of choice.

Very tasty.

Dan said...

I have no idea what 2oz of Vodka is - guess that was an american site I got the recipie :D Maybe two shots? Meh, just add two shots! hehehe

I often consider trying it with Tequila, just for laughs. Or maybe Absinthe...

Dan said...

AH HA! I think I have discovered why I've never had a margarita - I hate salt :D I asked the other half about them and she pointed out if I had one my kidneys (which hate me) would probably up and leave there and then!

Drinking tequila shots (ie, with the salt) makes me ill the following day!