Monday, February 20, 2006

Celebdaq

Does anyone fancy playing Celebdaq? I used to play over a year ago, but lost interest when Paddy O'Connell disassociated himself with the concept. However, I've felt that spark again since Alan mentioned it on his blog.

For those still in the dark about the gayest of all online games, to play:

You're given ten thousand virtual pounds to trade in celebrities. Just invest in them as you would any other commodity. According to their trading, the share value rises and falls. Also, at the end of the week, you get given a dividend, according to how many column inches your celebrity or celebrities have accumulated.

It's fun and fabulous.

Alan's starting a new league. We used to feature in Sausage Stuffers United - but those days are gone. He's set a new one up called Bloggers Of The World Unite. If you want to be a part of it (go on, you know you want to), click here to see how.

I can't wait!


14 comments:

Minge said...

Are you going to play, Dan?

Dan said...

Signed up and messaged Alan with my number already :) My user ID is 3937918, but I'm probably going to be diabolical at it as I don't watch TV (see the Dick & Dom conversation!) and most British "celebs" are idiots from Big Brother! hehehe I think I might be safer sticking to the Movie stars ;)

Alan Fisher said...

fab... well that's four of us so far. Still waiting for Minge and Nicki's id numbers.

Alan Fisher said...

Dan, you're pending on celebdaq. I think you may need to accept it or something as you weren't automatically added.

Minge said...

I've been trying for an hour to register. I only get as far as an acceptable username... Then the fucking thing times out. Gggrrr! Off to the PO now, will try again when I come back.

Minge said...

It's not very good, is it!?

Alan Fisher said...

I simply reactivated my old account. I used to have tonnes of symbols but they've all gone now.

Have you tried using your old account?

Minge said...

I tried reactivating my old account, but can't get that going either.

Alan Fisher said...

you want me to try for you?

Dan said...

Mine worked first time without hitch. Of course, I don't use Internet Explorer as it's pretty crap ;)

And according to Celebdaq, I am in "Bloggers of the World Unite" league, so it's all good :) I should be ready to go when you say so!

Minge said...

I tried reactivating my old membership, but it said the password was wrong. So, it them asked me my secret question, my Mother's maiden name. I put it in and it said I was wrong! I know what my Mother's maiden name is! I'll try again.

Minge said...

Ok - I've registered as fabulousminj - but can't see a membership number anywhere. Help!

Alan Fisher said...

click "my portfolio" over on the far left. Scroll down and just under Jake Gyllenhaal you should see your profile name with ID number in brackets after it.

Alan Fisher said...

the game has commenced!

Invest your 10k