Sunday, April 23, 2006

Tooth And Claw

I've just watched the latest Doctor Who episode, Tooth And Claw, for the second time! It's repeated on BBC3. It was frikkin' fabulous. I take back everything I ever said about Russell T Davies.

The plot was amazing, and I loved it when The Doctor suddenly realised what was going on after putting all the clues together. I love Doctor Who stories with a mystery. I never work them out, though, so the surprise is always mine. I'm so stupid.

What I don't understand, though, is why the monks were looking after the werewolf. Why did they turn from God? Where did the beast come from and why fall to earth? The monks and the creature were slightly two dimensional, that would be my only criticism.

All in all, very fabulous indeed.

Oh, and I love the fact that The Doctor called himself James Robert McCrimmon! I've a feeling that was Jamie's name (a companion to The Doctor when played by the magnificent Patrick Troughton).

I can't wait for next week. Sarah Jane's back! You can already watch the Tardisode for School Reunion here.

It's fabulous.

5 comments:

Minge said...

Did the wart go?

Brian Farrey said...

I thought I was the only one who caught the Jamie MacCrimmon reference. None of the reviews I've read mention it. It made me very happy. I mean, c'mon: werewolves, ninja monks, and Queen Victoria. What else could you want in an episode?

Is it me or is Elizabeth Sladen still as hot as she was 30 years ago?

stickola said...

Jamie MacCrimmon from the township of Balamory....made me giggle!

Minge said...

I wonder if Jamie knew the nice Policeman? LOL!

Brian - are you bi?

Brian Farrey said...

No, not bi. But I can appreciate the hotness of really attractive women. And Elizabeth Sladen is gorgeous.