Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Is

Phyllis went to Bathgate today. Another expensive visit to a private dentist as an NHS one is so hard to find these days... Gggrrr...!

While he was getting drilled, I walked along and found myself in an old haunt, the pet shop. I bought some claw clippers (Mary's "nails" get very long). The shop assistant was very nice, but a complete Schemie. I nearly told her to get her roots done, but I think she wanted to look that way.

On leaving the pet shop, I heard a car alarm go off, right outside. No-one was acting suspiciously or running off, but no-one looked, ahem, alarmed, either. Why, when a car alarm goes off, does no-one call the police? Why do we just walk on by, muttering complaints about the hideous noise? And it's the same with burglar alarms on houses and flats, innit...!?

It IS ridiculous, however you look at it.

After the dentist, we went to Tesco to get some pieces. We drove to Edinburgh airport to watch aeroplanes taking off and to eat them (the pieces, not the aeroplanes). We only saw one take off (but two landed).

Phyllis then went on to his Father's house. I stayed in Edinburgh. I went window shopping. I saw a nice one, but didn't buy it. We have enough windows already.

I came home at half past three. The decorator had been here today, repapering the fucking lounge. He was gone on my arrival. I'll post some photographs when it's all done (again).

I've been staring at the computer screen for a couple of hours, reading blogs, looking at mine and typing this. I think it's time I got the washing in and had a fag. I do intend to stop. I read something terrible about lung cancer in the free paper on the bus today. I don't want to talk about it.

However, I do want to talk about this (and I promise you I'm not shouting):

IF YOU WAKE UP FEELING SLEEPY AND GRUMPY, THEN YOU'RE SNOW WHITE.

Yes, I think I'm insane. Are YOU?

4 comments:

Dan said...

What on earth are "pieces"?? Pieces of what?!

And I would say I have some insane qualities about me, but they don't involve stabbing puppies/children/old ladies, so I am fine.

Unlike the german chap that ate his online friend, but "didn't mean to kill him".

Minge said...

Pieces is a Scots word for sandwhiches. I actually quite like the word Sandwhich and love the fact that most people say samwij. Conversely, I hate the word debt. I might like it if people pronounced the b. I would, but I'm frightened of sounding like a complete tit. I know I am one, I just don't want to sound like one.

Dan said...

Ahhh right. I am partial to the word "Sarnies" and "Titmouse" makes me chuckle like a child.

And I have a friend that gets squeamish if you say the word "Moist" to her. She hates it. Which is why I use it as much as possible around her ;)

Minge said...

Are you saying friend, like when people ask advice and really it's for themselves?

Titmouse???