Monday, April 17, 2006

Competition

I went for a facial this morning at the Clarins Spa in Edinburgh. It was fabulous. I got the works, plus a head, neck and shoulder massage, a foot massage and a "hand dunk" - don't ask.

There was a feeling of desperation in the air when I went in as two women almost fought over me. I felt like the prize in a competition. A very fabulous competition, of course.

I was asked if I'd had a treatment there before. I said I'd had a facial only a couple of months back. The beautician told me they don't do facials. I was having a men's personal blend. For Christ's sake!

After my facial, I went into Jenners for some coffee and bought a Lindt Wafer. It's like a Kit Kat but posh. I try not to buy Nestlé products if I can help it. Does anyone know any reason why I shouldn't buy Lindt?

Out from Jenners, Phyllis picked me up and we headed off to North Berwick. We had a poke of chips on the sand, followed by an ice cream (I had an oyster, Phyllis had a slider) and then took the dogs for a wee stroll. They love playing on the beach. Mary can get ever so slightly over-excited.

What do you think of this word?


I had a sleep in the car on the way home. I'm still knackered. It's because I was woken at 0655. Jesus fucking Christ. It was like the middle of the night.

I wish I was deep, but I feel particularly shallow. Today, especially.

I might be deep tomorrow. Or I might be shallower still. Who knows.

And bloody Blogger won't let me look at any comments or make any! Bastards! Also, it took five attempts before I could upload a photograph. Cunts.

Oh, before I go, take a look at Alan's blog. He's being treated like a queen in The Ukraine.

Also, look at this: Gays in Iraq fear for their lives.

4 comments:

A Novelist said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day! Did you get your hands dipped in the Parifin wax? I used to work at a salon and spa years ago that did the hand dips. Very relaxing! :)

Alan Fisher said...

what's wrong with nestle? I love a big thick chocolate finger.... four's better though

gab said...

ooh a facial yummy- iw ant a hand dunk will u do it for me?

Minge said...

I'll give you a hand job anytime, Gab. You know Minge.

Nestle are a terrible company. I'd tell you here, but you might get bored. I might blog about it if I have nothing better to say.

Oh, it was parafin wax! Thanks for jogging my terrible memory, hen! It was fabulous, and very relaxing. Din't make me do a tiddle, though.