Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Geisha

I've just been looking through the photographs on my iMac and came across the Japanese set.

I just had to upload one I took of a couple of Geisha we came upon whilst walking the lanes of Kyoto. I'm sure it was Gion, but can't be 100% sure.

Nicola and I were talking about Memoirs Of A Geisha the other evening when we were at Alan's place. Neither of us could think of the name given to a Geisha house... I just remembered: Okiya! Though don't quote me on the spelling!

Seeing those women, those streets... It was like stepping into another world. An experience I'll certainly never forget.

2 comments:

stickola said...

That's it!!!!
Thanks for Emailing me the pictures, they are fab. The book really makes me want to see old Japan now. The whole geisha culture amazes me.

Minge said...

You should go! You can get a flight to Tokyo for about five hundred quid and stay in temples for nothing!