Friday, April 28, 2006

Is Summer Here?

Guten tag, oder Grüß Gott...

It's been a lovely day here. I went out on a massive two hour walk with the dogs. They loved it. I'd like to tell you where we went, but I have no idea! I just turned left where I usually turn right and so on... We came out near a field, by a wood, a wee stream, an old dilapidated house with a car in front - with a buddleia growing inside it. I wish I had my camera. Sadly, I didn't.

I was totally knackered when I came home, but in a very good mood, verging on ecstasy. There was clearing up to do in the kitchen, but I just though, "Fuck this," and went out again.

I took a wee walk into Morningside (avoiding J K Rowling - she gets on my tits), had a look in an ethnic goods shop (I was looking for a wee Buddha) and then went on into the supermarket to get some things for our meal tonight. I was feeling in a trashy mood, so I bought some shop-made tiramisu, some frozen chips (fries, for you yanks) and some southern fried something-or-other to just bung in the oven.

Then, en route home, I went into a few bookshops. I'm looking for The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. No-one had it. I was a tad depleted, but I won't give up.

I then popped into a newsagent for a tin of smokes, a packet of pickled onion crisps and a Galaxy Caramel. I told you I was feeling trashy.

If I was a woman, I would have worn a velour tracksuit today and copious amounts of make-up. I'd have put my hair up in a high pony-tail and sprayed myself with something by Lenthric. Sadly, I don't have that option, so I just put on my usual clothes; jeans, t-shirt et al... But no jumper!

Is Summer here?

2 comments:

Minge said...

Amazon.co.uk have The Book Thief. But I refuse to buy from them because their P&P rates are ridiculous. I'll go to Waterstones tomorrow and see if they've got it. Fingers crossed!

Voix said...

Why does JK Rowling get on your tits? What kind of tits do you have to get on in the first place?

Enquiring minds want to know...