Sunday, April 16, 2006

Hermitage

We went to The Hermitage near Dunkeld today (actually, yesterday, it's gone midnight). Hadn't been for an age. It's a lovely walk, waterfalls, woods - and a wee hoose made oot o' rock! It's fabulous. Guess a hermit lived there...

After that, we went to Pitlochry for a cuppa. I changed my mind, yearning for coffee... and eneded up having actually had the worst latte ever made (I swear there was next to no coffee in it) and a toasted hot cross bun. Are hot cross buns a British thing? Anyway, while we were in the tea room, some Stevie Wonder record was playing on the sound system. I asked Ian what he thought of him. He said, "Over-rated." I agree. In fact, I went on to say he was a wanker. Then I changed my mind. Our Kath and Kim code word for cunt is chunt (pronounced shunt). Ian asked if I thought Stevie was a chunt. I said he was. He were speaking in our weird version of Polari because there was an elderly couple from Newcastle sitting at the table right next to us.

Then Phyllis and I started rehearsing those old jokes about Stevie wonder and making other quips about him and his blindness. I know. We're not very PC. This isn't such a big deal though, is it!?!? Oh yes it is. The couple sat near us were not just old and from Newcastle - the husband was blind!

I wished I was dead.

We came home and watched Doctor Who. I really can't say anything about it other than it's been the highlight of the year for me so far. As soon as I start to think about it, I wonder if I'm going to explode, so perhaps it's best to change the topic:

Smoking!

Oh yes, let's go and have a fag...

Goodnight!

5 comments:

Brian Farrey said...

Ahh!

I need Who thoughts! Who thoughts!

Wait. Gimme 24 hours to see if I can...acquire the episode and watch it. THEN we can talk Who.

Don't hold out on me, man.

Dan said...

Mr Minge, you will be pleased to know that Hot Cross Buns - while originally part of a "pagan" celebration, are a British thing that was introduced in the year dot in St. Albans. By a monk, no less.

So there you go ;)

Alan Fisher said...

I can't believe how lucky are to be enjoying Mr Tennant prancing as Doctor Whom.

Spare a thought for us unlucky bitches out in the third world and remember that you live in a country where the TV is actually quite fabulous, despite how much we all moan about it.

Kisses.

Dan said...

Yeah, but our TV does in fact suck if you watch it ;)
And besides, you have cheapo vodka!

Minge said...

I bet he's drunk at least ten pounds worth already! Now, in The Ukraine, that will be a lot of voddy!