Friday, June 23, 2006

Yes

I wrote this nonsense when I was drunk, years ago when I still lived in Bournemouth, perhaps 1989 or 1990. I just found it in a scrap book which I'm about to parcel up, having sold it on ebay.

You'll find me, if you look
In a corner, brooding, yes.
If you shut your eyes
You'll know who I'm fooling, yes.

If you plug your ears
You'll hear my whispered words, yes.
In the back of your head
Flying 'round your mind like birds, yes.

Don't say anything to me
I'll know what you bloody mean, yes.
Your shower scene was viscious
And the lament: keen, yes.

Now taste the liquids
Streaming from my body, yes.
A flithy gush of bile
To show what we've become, yes.

Just thought I'd share.

I think I was having a Kate Bush moment. I used to confuse what was important with what was impressive.

8 comments:

Alan Fisher said...

you sold a scrapbook on ebay?

Minge said...

Yes, loads of popstar clippings! Mainly Pet SHop Boys, but some Madonna, Kylie, Dannii...!

Alan Fisher said...

How much did you get for it? I've got 5 scrap books filled with Kylie pictures from about 1988, as well as all of her photo magazines from that time.

Minge said...

OMG! You'll make a mint with the mags.

I got just over a tenner for the scrap books. I've just put a link to the item in my blog entry. Check it out.

Alan Fisher said...

wow... they look really cool! My scrap books are nothing like that. I would carefully cut around Kylie from such magazines as Smash Hits and Number 1 and glue the pics into my books. I also cut out all the lyrics to her songs and put them in there too. I think there was a 6 month period where EVERYTHING printed in the media about Miss Minogue ended up in my scrapbooks.

Minge said...

Then sell, sell, sell!

Alan Fisher said...

you'll have to come to my house on 15th July to do a valuation for me!

Minge said...

I'll be there. Have it out, ready for me to inspect.