Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Fib Wednesday

Shall we have a Fib Wednesday, dear reader? Shall we?

If you're unfamiliar with Haiku Saturday, check this out. Fib Wednesday will run along similar lines.

1) I will supply a topic.

2) Your reply to the topic is in the form of a Fib in the comment section.
3) You then supply the next topic.
4) Next visitor replies with a Fib on next topic and then provides a new topic and so on...

A Fib is a six line, twenty syllable poem with a syllable count by line of 1/1/2/3/5/8. The only restriction on a Fib is that the syllable count follow the Fibonacci sequence. An example of a classic fib:
One
Small,
Precise,
Poetic,
Spiraling mixture:
Math plus poetry yields the Fib.
So, we begin:

Knife,
Fork
And spoon -
Tablecloth;
Could it be the food
Or the sun that makes a picnic?

Next topic: Winter.

11 comments:

Alan Fisher said...

oh dear.. not for me, hen. Far too complicated and intelligent!

Minge said...

And it might make you vomit!

;)

Alan Fisher said...

lol... true

Minge said...

Any takers?

Rand said...

Ice
Snow
and Gloom -
Wool Sweaters,
Desolate landscapes.
The faint glow of a feeble sun.

Next topic:

Agriculture

Brian Farrey said...

Sweetie, sorry, but this is too much work for the middle of the work week. Maybe switch to Sundays? Ignore Lex Ham Rand. He's a poetry whore; he's drawn to it wherever it may be. He doesn't count. :-)

Rand said...

Brian!! Ouch!!

Sorry, Minge. Brian, the Despotic Ruler of the Blog Universe, has handed down his decree.

Good thing Brian didn't take the Machiavelli Test. His stratospheric score might have broken the web server. :)

Brian Farrey said...

Ahem.

My score was 65.

Lower than BOTH you losers.

In your face!

Minge said...

Brian cheated on the test. He just emailed me and told me his real score was 99.

But you know, I'll change it to Sundays. I just can't help but do what Brian wants me to do. I love it when he bosses me about.

Anyway...

Barn,
Straw,
Hay-loft,
Two hot men:
All the famers know
That porking is not about pigs.

Next topic: pop stars

Brian Farrey said...

No, no, it's ALAN that I love to boss around and make do my bidding. If I'm going to be accused of being a dominatrix, at least get it right who my heel is.

Minge said...

ok