Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Grandad

Apparently, Grandad should be spelled Granddad. I'm sorry, but that's totally ridiculous. I like to rebel every now and then, so here I am, flouting convention, making errors in my spelling - on purpose.

Anyway, the photograph above is Grandad (note spelling) and I. It was taken in 1976 at my cousin's wedding. I was four years old. Oh, so that should be 1986 then. Sorry for the error.

I loved my Grandad more than I could ever express in words, so I won't even try. I was thinking of him on Sunday, not my dick of a Father.

If you get to read this, Grandad: I love you.

5 comments:

Brian Farrey said...

You were NOT four years old in 1986.

Brian Farrey said...

But, I have to say, it's a very touching tribute to what I can only assume was a fine, fine man.

Voix said...

Let the man dream, Brian. We all have our moments.

A Novelist said...

What an adorable picture of you. Your Grandfather looks very sweet. :)

Minge said...

In my dreams, I'm 85!

Thanks, A novelist! I thought the outfit was quite camp! My grandad was the sweetest, most gentle man I've ever known. He was not of his time, either. He should have been born in 2004, not 1904.