Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Old photographs (part II)



More old photographs for your delectation, dear reader. Again, sorry about the poor quality.

The first one is of César and I.

The second one was taken in the mid to late 1990s. I'd been to a Marc Almond concert with Marie (not pictured) and (l-r) Melanie and Maren. We were waiting at the stage door after the concert to meet the man of the moment and get his autograph.

Look what's on the back cover of the magazine I'm holding! Vile! What's even more vile than that, is this was the page I offered to Mr Almond for his signature. He smiled at me, said, "Interesting!" and duly gave his autograph.

The concert was a blast. The highlight for me was Saint Judy. Marie was very vocal the whole night. She was almost a heckler. The intro to Mr Sad began. Marie stood up and shouted, "That is me! Meeester Sadt!" She was told to shush, so shouted, "Fuck off!" and then almost removed by security. I don't know how she got away with it.

The last photograph is of me on my twenty sixth birthday. I had a joint party/meal out with the other people in the photograph as our birthdays all all fall within the same seven day period. l-r Me, Kathy (my niece), Christine (my sister) and Pete (my vile brother-in-law).

I remember how dull the whole experience was and took every opportunity to nip out for a fag.

2 comments:

Alan Fisher said...

have you still got that cock picture signed by Marc Almond?

Minge said...

No. I sold it on ebay. Why? Did you want it?