Saturday, June 10, 2006

Helicopter

I was a helicopter virgin before today. But now, I am no longer. My rotary-wing hymen has been broken. My Sikorsky cherry has been popped.

I took a few photographs whilst cruising around over Edinburgh, one of which can be seen to the left, and extensive video footage. I had no idea how the video would turn out as I couldn't actually see what I was recording, the sun shining directly on the viewing screen, but it seems to have turned out ok. The soundtrack is a bit rough, though: just the drone of the engines.

I was actually given this helicopter ride as a Christmas gift.

Christmas seems like such a long time ago, now. Or does it? Not sure. Time seems so fluid these days. Does time fly by or does it drag? Sometimes, May feels like a month ago. Sometimes it doesn't.

But I digress...

Flying in a helicopter isn't all it's cracked up to be. You don't get the same thrill you get in an aeroplane. There's no sense of thrust. How can you have fun with that big chopper, but no thrust?

No comments: