Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Records and the 80s

This week, according to iTunes, I have mostly been playing:

1 Captain Nemo - Sarah Brightman
2 Call Me - Spagna
3 Look On The Floor (Hypnotic Tango) - Bananarama
4 Stop Crying Your Heart Out - Rowetta
5 Voyage Voyage - Desireless

I've just managed to get hold of the PSB Maxi Mix of Madonna's Sorry. I've played it twelve times today already.

As I type, I'm listening to I Love The Way by Bananarama.

I wish it was the 1980s again. Although we had a Conservative government, everything seemed to be better. Or does everyone say that when they get old and bitter?

The Mars bars were more substantial, people climbed the pop-charts (and a new entry at number one made the news), I was thin, I had hair, I had sex, I didn't get tired until 4 am, fashion was outrageous and no two people looked the same, Doctor Who was played by Colin Baker and you could still smoke on the top deck of the bus...!

No comments: