Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Queen Mother Memorial

BBC News have announced that there's to be a tribute to the Queen Mother in London.

It's to be in the form of a competition and entries have to be in by the end of January. I've thought about entering myself. What do you think about this:

A giant six metre high gin bottle with Her late Majesty's face on it, made entirely of granite with the words "She knew how to gin and bear it" at the bottom on the plinth.

Do you think I'll get very far?

My favourite quote from the Queen Mother, who notoriously only employed gay men was this... After some kind of ceremony, she kicked off her shoes and said to her attendants, "I don't know about you, but this old queen could do with a gin and tonic."

7 comments:

Alan Fisher said...

Minge Said: I thought about entering myself

Alan Said: There won't be room for two Queens on that plinth babes

Minge said...

You're right. And how many queens have you entered?

stickola said...

You mucky lot...sex sex sex!

Alan Fisher said...

In my entire life? Four.

Dozen.

The March Hare said...

Nice blog you've got, Minge. I've read it with pleasure and will visit it certainly again.

Please do my guest once again too and will you introduce me to your friends please?

Minge said...

Sure, March Hare. David is my wee Essex-boy pal, Alan and Stickola are my friends from Armadale, Gab is my lady-friend from dahn saaf (www.tartywhore.blogspot.com) and China Cat is my wee pal from Okinawa (Japan). Anyone I left out?

Alan Fisher said...

u didn't leave anyone out... .but we are DYING for the next article.... your blog is fab, so I'll let you entertain me, honey.x.