Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Ian


I'd been looking through old photographs on iPhoto when I came across the above image, dear reader.

I don't seem to have many photographs of Ian and I. I'm either taking a picture of him or he's taking a picture of me. The photographs of him and I together are few and far between, the good ones, even fewer. But this photograph is one of the few that I have that's both good and of Ian and I. Even though I look slightly insane (which I am).

I am very lucky to have Ian in my life. He's the most thoughtful, kind, considerate, loving, supportive, generous, funny, witty, gorgeous and surprising man. And he's beautiful on so many levels. I love him with all my heart and all my soul. Even better than that, he loves me. He's just too good to be true.

Sometimes, when I think about my baby, I ascend into such a state of euphoria, I genuinely believe I'm tripping. My heart starts missing a beat.

Without trying to sound smug, I'm truly confident that my days on this earth will end with Ian. I've never been sure about much in life, but I'm sure about that. What a wonderful sense of security. He's like a beautiful, warm duvet that I can snuggle into and know it's never going to be taken away from me. No, no, never.

So, you should have filled the sick bucket by now... Sorry!

I'd like to share with you, my little maid, three songs which I associate with Ian:

Embraceable you
Dream a little dream of me
and
Lose your way

Each one has a very deep meaning for me.

Which songs do you associate, my lamb, with boyfriends and/or girlfriends, past and present?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was such a wonderful post, not sick making at all!

My song: Can't Help It by Michael Jackson. I associate it with my ex-fiance and it still makes me go a bit misty-eyed even though our . Same for I Wanna Sex U Up, but the less said about that one the better ;-)

A Lewis said...

My dear, as beautiful and wonderful as the post, prowse, poetry, and songs were, those are some seriously revealing trousers on the boy. Hum. I'm going to have to go back around for another peek.

Brian Farrey said...

I'm jealous. Remind me and I'll send the picture I took of the two of you outside the museum.

Girl said...

Sweet