Friday, November 03, 2006

Meme for the day

A meme for the day from Rand. If you like it, do it yourself.

Four jobs I have had in my life:

Chamber maid
Pick/packer for Revlon/MaxFactor
Amusement arcade attendant
Mortgage adviser

Four films I could watch over and over again:

Female Trouble
The Wizard Of Oz
Rent-A-Cop
The Wedding Singer

Four places I have lived:

Southbourne, Bournemouth
Wallisdown, Bournemouth
Edinburgh
Armadale

Six television programmes I love to watch:

Doctor Who

Torchwood
How Clean Is Your House
You Are What You Eat
Property Ladder
Horizon

Incidentally, Channel 4 are looking for people to take part in some of their programmes. If you want to be on telly, dear reader, click here.

Four places I have visited on holiday:

Castries
Naha
Carthage
Prague

Four of my favourite foods:

Custard
Tiramisu
Sherry Trifle
Crème Brûlée

Four places I would rather be right now:

Bournemouth (Mum's cat is gravely ill)
In the woods, walking the dogs
On a beach, any warm beach
In an isolation tank

Four random thoughts of the day:

People that make empty promises are empty themselves, vacuous and not worth a beat of my heart - an engineer is supposed to be calling here today to look at the boiler (again). A telephone operator told me I'd get a call yesterday with a time for today's visit. No call came. I rang the administrators. They said the engineer would call this morning between eight and nine. Guess what. No call. So, I'm just sat here typing all this when the telephone starts to ring. It's the boiler people. The engineer booked to call on us today has called in sick. Someone else will call on us, hopefully tomorrow.

Tony Blair
's Labour Government feels, sadly, more right wing than John Major's Tory Government of the 1990s.

Chocolate is delicious.

Smokers tend to get cancer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched the Wizard of Oz every Christmas growing up. Judy is a stunner.

Minge said...

So did I! I got so upset one year because my Mother went out leaving my brother and sister to look after me. They knew WOZ was on and Mum had said I could watch it. Bastards. They watched Saturday Night Fever (or Stayin' Alive - one or the other) instead. I thought I was going to die. I'd never been so upset in all my life!