Saturday, December 02, 2006

Haiku Saturday competition

If Brian were a beverage, dear reader, this week he'd be a hot chocolate; made with cream, Belgian chocolate, maple syrup, marsh mallows, whipped cream and chocolate shavings - all seved in a ten gallon vat.

¿Why? Parce que er hat decided to make this Saturday a wee bit special. Not a regular Haiku Saturday, no, but Haiku Saturday competition!

I know, dear reader, I'm climaxing, myself.

He's quite insistant upon this (not the climax, the competition). No-one can stop him, not the government, not Jesus, not Trisha, not Barbara Bush, not I and not you, dear reader.

I don't know why I'm telling you this. The fewer people taking part, the better, in my humble opinion. Keeping the numbers down would mean I have a better chance of getting a prize, for indeed, yes, there are fabulous prizes. If more than a handful of people take part, I run the risk of not even coming close since my Haikus are crap. But I'm not a competitive person, nor a superfly guy, so promote it I will, I must. Haiku Saturday is the highlight of my week and I'd do myself a disservice in not spreading the word. Go tell it on the mountain, over the hills and everywhere; go tell it on the mountain, that the Haiku Saturday competition is here.

Click here. Go on, you know you want to. I won't tell.

Good luck.

No comments: