Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Reekie

















Picture proof of why living in Auld Reekie is a joy. She is a beautiful city, even more delicious on a sunny day. Oh, and yes, definitely a she. Not a he, certainly not an it. Possibly a gay she, not sure. You know, dear reader, the way some gay men refer to another gay man as her or she. Edinburgh is camp. I wonder if she knew about it?

I'm not a fascist when it comes to my love for Edinburgh. I appreciate there are other beautiful cities out there. San Francisco is one of them. I hope to get there some day. I'm sure I will. Check out why Eric loves it.

I knew a girl who tried to walk across the lake. Of course, it was Winter and all this was ice. That's a hell of a thing to do, you know. They say this lake is as big as the ocean.

Why do I associate Yoko Ono with San Francisco, my lamb, when she was born in Tokyo and lives in New York City? Ah, I see. She spent the first few years of her childhood there. I had no idea, though. Or perhaps I did and the information's been lurking in the back of my mind for a while. Click here to read about her early life.

Half memory is a strange thing. Suddenly remembering something or seemingly knowing something you don't remember learning is an unnerving experience, my little maid.

4 comments:

Bill S. said...

I love Yoko Ono, totally unironically. Well, no more ironically than she makes it. I've been to her art shows, I own her albums, and I get vehemently defensive when some sexist bigot starts going on about the bloody, buggery Beatles. I freakin' flipped when Pet Shop Boys remixed her.

Which wasn't my point: I love your pictures, but they make me sad that I don't have money to travel more. And that I live somewhere where a strip mall from 1966 is considered a historical building. Basically I get to just drive from one side of Florida to another. :(

A Lewis said...

It has been said that "Crack Kills." Of course, the castle is a masterpiece and anchor of the city. But that young lady? Why couldn't it some strapping, young, handsome Scottish lad? I hope you get to see San Francisco for yourself someday. It is quite something to behold.

Mr. Anjou said...

More fantastic pictures! You're a street photographer at heart. I love Yoko, too. Her view of life is certainly unique, and boy can that woman shriek.

matty said...

Oh, I love Yoko!

And, yes! You both must come to San Francisco! Will show you all about!! It will be a blast!

You two sure to get about a lot! I never go anywhere!

I love the new look!!!

Where did that old and salty sailor go?!?!?! His site now gives adverts for medicines. Odd.