Thursday, March 16, 2006

Mother

My Mum's been up for a week with her little friend, Pat.

We've had a fabulous time, visiting historical hots
pots in Edinburgh, like the castle and The Palace of Holyroodhouse, shopping until we dropped and generally having a fun time.

We also took a wee trip to Inverness from where we went on an excursion to Urquhart Castle, took a wee cruise on Loch Ness (didn't see the monster) and made our presence felt in Drumnadrochit at the Loch Ness Monster Visitor Centre. While in Inverness, we stayed at the Royal Highland Hotel. It was fabulous, namely because the famous staircase on the Titanic was based on the staircase at this wonderful hotel. We did lots of rôle play. I was Rose and either my Mum or Pat was Jack.

I've had a really nice time with Pat and Mother. I really miss my Mum - but I'm lucky in that although she's going back to Bournemouth tomorrow, I'm going too. I'll spend two weeks with her, travelling on to Guernsey and Plymouth before returning to Edinburgh. I wish she was coming back with me.

Mum's legs, hips and back get worse and worse. Each time I see her, she's in more pain and has more difficulty walking, so much so, that this time, she ended up in an old-biddy-buggy at Urquhart Caslte. Still, she had a good laugh in it (when she nearly crashed and nearly ran two Japanese tourists over) as did Pat and I.

I don't think I'll be able to blog for about a fortnight. I've really missed it this week while Mum's been up and I know I'll miss it even more desperately over the next two weeks.

Incidentally, The Body Acoustic by Cyndi Lauper arrived today. It's fekkin' fabulous. Everyone should own a copy of this CD. Play it and think of Minge.

3 comments:

stickola said...

Glad your having fun spending time with your lovely Mum. Have a great time over the next 2 weeks and we'll all miss you posting on the blog but at least you'll have lots of stories to tell when you get back,

Nicki...xxx

Minge said...

Thanks! I hope I have lots to say, and hopefully all vile. Keep your fingers crossed for Minge!

Mr Chalk said...

Matching buggies!