Friday, March 03, 2006

Divine


I've just read that John Travolta will be taking on the part of Edna Turnblad (as previously played by Divine) in the new musical version of the movie Hairspray!

Click here to read the full story.

First off, I thought this was awful, but, hey, I'm so fickle, now I think it's fabulous! I thought John Travolta was some kind of religious nut. I had no idea he'd ever contemplate wearing a dress or appearing in a John Waters film. John Waters is behind this latest version of the movie, right!? Answers on a postcard, please...!


9 comments:

Alan Fisher said...

bollox. No-one can replace Divine as the divine Edna Turnblad!

Minge said...

What if JT gets his knob out?

stickola said...

I love hairspray...please dont let them fuck it up.

Minge said...

The new movie is a musical. I always wanted to see it on Broadway. I have no idea if it's good, bad or mediocre. Anyone?

Voix said...

Well, we do know that JT can sing Greased Lightening! I'd pay money to see him in a dress.

I had such a huge crush on JT when I was in junior high -- now he just seems, like, OLD.

Minge said...

I know - me, too. In the words of Kelly Osbourne, "He ain't no fuckin' drag queen and 'is 'ands are way too bloody big, but he's got a really great voice, though."

I think JT is still a dish. Those eyes, that dimple... His wife is a very lucky woman. I wonder if wearing a dress will bring him over to the dark side?

CanaGal said...

I love DIvine. I still have some of his vinyls from the '80's

Voix said...

You can always hope, honey. If he leaves his wife, he could convince you to join his scientology sect instead of her! Batter up!

Minge said...

I think I'll leave them to it.